Sunday, December 26, 2010

Wow-Time Flies!

Can't believe I haven't written since August.  I guess I'll make a list of highlights of things happening around here since then.  Can you tell I went back to school and have been crazy-busy!?!
1. Kyle turned 3..yup, he's still into music, music, music!  He LOVES playing the drums or anything music related.  He got a guitar for his b-day, and cymbals and another drum for x-mas.  He's also into Toy Story everything!  He loves playing games.  He loves getting Wild cards in Uno!  He learned his letters and sounds (thank you, Leap Frog) and is generally pretty happy-go-lucky.  He gives the best hugs and kisses and tells us "I love you so much, too!"  The battles we face currently are going to sleep without calling us back in the room 20 times, telling us no, putting on a coat, or clothes for that matter (he loves to be naked!).  We are so proud of our little red and love just hanging out with him!
2. We enjoyed tailgating and going to the MSU football games.  Kyle and I would get to about half-time and then leave because of nap time!  Kyle loved watching the MSU Drum Line and the band before the game on Grand River or at the Practice Field. 
3. Kyle's eye dr. said his eyes are doing great and he doesn't need to wear glasses (after I prepared mentally to have him wearing them 'til he was 10).  It took some getting used to a Kyle without glasses.  It made him, him!  We continue to watch his eye to see if the surgery was successful or not and he wears his eye patch a few times a week for an hour.
4. Halloween-guess who wouldn't wear a costume?  That's right-Kyle.  (Of course, he likes to be naked!)  I did manage to sneak his super Kyle cape on him at the Zoo Boo without him knowing it until the end.  He, he.
5. We are expecting number 2!!  Kyle says "I'm going to be a good big brother." but when asked if he'd feed the baby or hold it, he said, "no thanks"
6. Granny G. had a stroke in mid December.  She stayed in the hospital a few days and is back home where she wants to be, but lots of assessing is going on to see what her needs are.  Kyle and I had a sleepover last week with her and she really enjoyed having him!  She even played on the floor with him and picked things up faster than me!  But her memory is at question.
I'm sure there's more but I can't think of any right now.  I'll post pics from the last few months.

No comments: